In accordance with Organic Law 15/1999, of 23 December, on Personal Data Protection, this document defines the scope of privacy and the degree of confidentiality protecting the information entered by the user during the registration process and the ordinary use of the website’s services, programs and facilities. The user may permit or prohibit the collection and use of his/her personal information at any time and at his/her entire discretion.
This Privacy and Data Protection Policy governs the processing of the website users’ personal data, within the framework of the services provided by the site. On using this website, the user consents to it collecting, using and distributing the user’s personal information in accordance with the regulations and stipulations of this agreement.
Kilfi declares and accepts its liability for protecting the user’s private information. This document contains the regulations governing the collection and use of the said information and the reasons for disclosing it on the website. These regulations apply to all personal information collected on the Kilfi website and by Kilfi.
The commitments acquired by the website with regard to the users who access it involve full compliance with the applicable law on Personal Data Protection. This policy is intended to complement the stipulations made in the general conditions of use and contracting on the website www.kilfi.com
1. Confidentiality with regard to automatic processing of personal data
Kilfi guarantees the confidentiality of the personal data supplied by the users and its automatic processing in accordance with the applicable law in this regard and, specifically, Organic Law 15/1999, of 23 December, on Personal Data Protection and its implementing regulation 1720/2007, of 21 December, and the European and Spanish regulations applicable in this regard.
All the data requested by the website must be filled in for optimum provision of the services made available to the User.
If all the data are not provided Kilfi does not guarantee that the information and services will be or can be provided correctly or will be in accordance with the User’s needs.
Kilfi has adopted the required security levels for protection of the personal data of the clients/users, taking the technical measures and means to prevent loss, misuse, alteration, unauthorised access or theft of the personal data provided.
The data collected are processed automatically and included in the databases owned by Kilfi and duly registered with the Spanish Data Protection Agency (Agencia Española de Protección de Datos).
2. User’s consent
The user’s personal information is only collected after receiving the user’s prior consent, enabling us to collect and use certain information in accordance with these regulations. On providing his/her consent, the user provides the information voluntarily.
The user is entitled to refuse to send personal information at any time. However, in this case, some of the functions and services offered may be partially or totally disabled.
“Personal information” includes:
- Information provided by the user during registration on the website, including the user name and password, personal details (name and surname) and email address;
- The user profile will be completed when the first monetary transaction takes place, both in the case of client users and provider users. This data consists of the company name (where applicable), tax number (NIF/CIF), invoicing address, contact details and data for making or receiving the payment (e.g. credit card or PayPal user number).
While the user is browsing the website, non-personal technical information may be automatically collected such as the user’s IP address, the address from which the user has accessed the website, time of the visit, type of browser, type of device used to access or connect to the service, language configuration, user’s address and route when browsing the website, actions carried out on the website, access from and to internal links, etc.
3. Underage Users
Kilfi is intended for users of legal age only and it will therefore not knowingly collect personal information from persons under 18 without the prior consent and authorisation of their parents or legal representatives.
4. Purpose of the automatic collection and processing of personal data
The data entered on the registration and purchase forms on the Kilfi online platform are used to provide and guarantee good service for users.
The user’s personal information is collected and used for the following purposes:
- Creation, management and maintenance of an account;
- Management of the users’ consultations and their activities on the website;
- Customer service;
- Data analysis to improve the offer of material, products or technologies;
- Organisation and display of specially selected content in accordance with the user’s preferences and interests;
- Transaction maintenance in interactive parts of the website;
- Payment of commission to contributors;
- Relating the material received to the specific contributor who has supplied it;
- Contacting and communicating with the user with regard to transactions he/she has made;
- Notifying the website user of new products and services;
- Processing payments or preventing and detecting fraud.
Kilfi may send communications regarding transactions made by the user, payment reminders and consultations concerning purchase confirmation.
The user must receive the communications connected with the transactions he/she has made. There is no option to stop receiving this type of messages as they are not advertising messages. If the user does not wish to receive them, he/she has the option of deleting his/her account.
5. Shared information and Information disclosure
Except in situations clearly established in these regulations, Kilfi shall not disclose, sell or rent the user’s personal information or make it available to any third parties.
The user’s personal information may be disclosed and shared with collaborating agencies that provide services on Kilfi’s behalf. Such services may include money transfers, data storage, payment processing, etc. These third parties will only receive the information required to provide the aforementioned specific services; the information will be stored and protected in accordance with the same principles and level of protection as those used by Kilfi, and it may not be used for any other purpose.
The name or user name of the user and his/her Kilfi user profile will always be publicly available.
Kilfi reserves the right to disclose and provide the user’s personal information if we believe in good faith that it is necessary to do so, in order to protect Kilfi’s rights and property and if required by law and when it considers that the data must be disclosed in order to protect its rights and/or to comply with a legal court order or lawsuit or any other contentious proceedings lodged against its website, including compliance with the Terms and Conditions of Use and any other terms it may have agreed to comply with.
6. Access to the user’s own personal information
If you wish to change the information you establish as public, you may access your account settings, where you can check and edit the information. Alternatively, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kilfi reserves the right to store this information while your Kilfi account remains active, or as necessary to provide you with our services. If you wish to cancel your account or would like us to delete the information we hold on you or make no future use of it, you may email us at email@example.com. We will store and use the information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, settle any disputes and implement our contracts.
Kilfi reserves the right to modify this privacy declaration in order to reflect the changes in our practice with regard to its protection. If any material changes are made to it we will inform of this fact via a notice on this site before the change becomes effective.
If you do not wish to continue as a user after the new changes have been made, you may terminate your contract by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Rights of Access, Rectification, Cancellation and Opposition
Kilfi guarantees that you may exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation or opposition under the terms established in Organic Law 15/1999 on Personal Data Protection.
As indicated, the Users may access and modify their data directly by accessing their account settings.
Pursuant to Article 25 of Royal Decree 1720/2007, of 21 December, approving the Implementing Regulation of Organic Law 15/1999 of 13 December on Personal Data Protection, exercise of your rights via this system must be made by sending a message to the database owner, including the following:
- Name and surname of the interested party; photocopy of his/her Spanish ID document or passport or other valid identification document and, where the case may be, that of the person representing them, together with the document accrediting this representation.
- The specific request being made.
- Address for notifications, date and requestor’s signature.
- Documents accrediting the request being made, where the case may be.
Kilfi will respond to the request and will ask for rectification if it does not meet the specified requirements.